Tue, Jan 11|
Nature Ally Learning- Winter
Child Led Learning. In Nature. With Nature.
Time & Location
Jan 11, 10:00 a.m. – Mar 17, 4:00 p.m.
Winnipeg, 4724 Roblin Blvd, Winnipeg, MB R3R 0G6, Canada
About the Event
SOLA Nature School: Where Children Nurture a Love of Learning
This program offers child-led curriculum with opportunities to:
· Build relationships with nature through explorative play
· Culivate emotional literacy and resilience building skills
· Participate in sustainable gardening practices & environmental stewardship
· Express themselves creatively through place-based art
· Foster a healthy involvement in peer-centered community
· Experience teachings from our Elders & bridge generational gaps
In the words of David Suzuki, “Unless we are willing to encourage our children to reconnect with and appreciate the natural world, we can’t expect them to help protect and care for it.”
Nature school programs offered by SOLA infuse the principles of forest school, with Emotional Literacy teachings and permaculture practices for a holistic educational experience.
The origins of the forest school movement are rooted in both a deep regard for children as competent & capable beings and the knowledge that an outdoor lifestyle is essential to our overall health and well-being.
Forest and Nature School programs offer children of all ages opportunities to build resilience, connect to their innate curiosities and collaborating with peers and professional educators to bring their ideas to life.
Jan.11- Mar.17, 2022
Tuesdays & Thursdays
10am-4pm ages 4-10
Seasonal Investment: $900